|1st Coordinator Meeting (preparatory meeting) - Omagh/Belfast 17-19. Oct 2002|
|Omagh/Belfast, Northern Ireland|
SATURDAY OCT 19, 2002
PRE-MEETINGS OMAGH OCT 17-18)
BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND
AT JURY’S HOTEL, BELFAST
(PRELIMINARY) COORDINATOR MEETING IN NEW COMENIUS 3 NETWORK
PRESENTING PEOPLE TAKING PART
- D. D. Daatland, Stavanger University College, Norway (overall coordinator)
- Onar Vikingstad, Stavanger University College, Norway (WWW Designer)
- Evelyn Cardwell, Ulster American Folk Park (in assoc. with Centre for Migration Studies), Northern Ireland (local organizer of meeting and national coordinator)
- Anika Kloth, GS Ramsloh, Saterland, Germany
(Representing German coordinator, Dirk Lange)
- Eva Kordova, Anglo Czech High School, Czech Republic, national coordinator
- Rolf Dulfer, Rozmberk Society, Czech Republic, national coordinator (shared)
- Isabel Rasoilo, Universidade Aberta/CEMRI (Centre for the Study of Migrations and Intercultural Relations), Portugal, national coordinator
- Lena Björk, Lindängeskolan, Sweden, national coordinator
- Camilla Hodel-Fryzell, Lindängeskolan, Sweden, national coordinator (shared)
- Annas Farjas, La Garrotxa High School IES LA GARROTXA, Spain
(Spanish group of partners is suggested – A. Farjas invited to present the Spanish group)
- Rebeca Mesaric, Institute for Migration and Ethnic Relations, Croatia (Representing external evaluator and Croatian group in network activities
- Not represented: Slovenia (Jenej Mlekuz is national coordinator in the Slovene group)
Most of the participant in this first (preliminary) coordinator meeting of the new MIR Comenius 3 Network had participated in an in-service training course for teachers in Omagh, Northern Ireland, that was finished the day before the meeting.
Thus most of the national coordinators could be represented although no financial support had been received yet. This way of starting up was suggested in the Application IF this would be accepted, and if such an acceptence would be given in time. It has also been stated in the Application that all oordinator meetings will be part of one of the two planned annual events: annual conference in spring and course for teachers in autumn.
The rest of the meeting to be divided into two parts:
- Part I: About starting activities in Comenius 3 network
- Part II: The first version of the network WWW Database
PART I: ABOUT STARTING ACTIVITIES IN COMENIUS 3 NETWORK
INTRODUCTION: NETWORK APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED
The overall coordinator (Daatland) commented on the situation after having received the confirmation letter from the Commission. It is expected that a general coordinator meeting for all new networks will be held in Brussels in the beginning of the new year, and that a full partnership meeting (also acting as a coordinator meeting) should be held in January in Stavanger. Although documents has not been received yet (Contract, Financial Handbook etc) it should be possible to start planning taking into consideration the stated aims and objectives of the Application and the Work Plan. A preliminary text covering points in a future signed agreement would be presented and should afterwards be discussed in each national partner group.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN PARTNERS
- Level 1: signed agreement between Beneficiary and the EU Commission
- Level 2: suggested agreement between Beneficiary and National Coordinators
- Level 3: suggested agreement between Beneficiary and other partners
- Level 4: suggested agreement between National Coordinators and partners
The preliminary text covers all these levels except Level 3. This level should be covered by a local working agreement between the national coordinator and partners. This agreement should make certain that each of the other partners had a role to play and would be part of the financial support from the network. The national coordinator should make certain that at least 50% of the total for the (national) group should support other partners than the national coordinator institution and in this way create the financial basis of strong national groups. Such groups would be helpful in recruiting teachers to future conferences, courses and projects.
BUDGET + WORK PACKAGES ACORDING TO APPLICATION
Each national coordinator should prepare a plan of activities with partners in his group (e.g. the Portugues group, the German group etc). This plan + an overview of the situation in the group of partner should be presented at the coming partnership meeting (January).
Selected pages in the Application were then discussed and the role of the various partners and national groups were commented on.
Particular emphasis was placed on setting up project groups that would engage partners from across the national groups. A document was passed out with suggested themes for project work.
See attached file
SITUATION IN NATIONAL GROUPS
Short presentation of situation in each group was given.
MOST IMPORTANT EVENTS IN 2003:
According to the Application this is to be organised in Portugal based on the successful organising of course for teachers in October 2001 (this course played an important role in the finalising of the Application for Comenius 3). Date will probably have to change from the suggested late April until early May, 2003. This event will be discussed in detail at the next coordinator meeting (Stavanger, January 2003).
Next course for teachers
According to the Application this was to be Norway. Overall coordinator has suggested Sweden and thus spread the main activiteis to as many of the national groups as possible. Suggested date: medio October 2 003.
This event will be discussed in detail at the next coordinator meeting (Stavanger, January 2003).
PART II: THE FIRST VERSION OF THE NETWORK WWW DATABASE
Onar Vikingstad (WWW Designer) presented the pilot version of the MIR WWW Database. After this presentation there was time for some individual training.
No direct criticism against the way the WWW site is organized was raised by anyone during the meeting. However, it has been suggested from one of the Portuguese partners to include chat and a debate forum.